What is NZAGC about?
The NZAGC, through the members of the National Council, provides the following support to the Branches and their members. Follow the underlined links for more details.
- Publishes Tall Poppies, a magazine with a focus on gifted children and their families. This is sent to all members, three times a year.
- Lobbies government and educational circles on your behalf.
- Sponsors members to relevant conferences and workshops.
- Organises national workshops for teachers, parents and children.
- Supports professionals, e.g. teachers, principals and psychologists.
- Assists parents and teachers to set up new branches around the country and liaise with other similar and interested groups. It can:
- provide net-based systems for membership management, production of mailing lists/labels, library lists and borrowing procedures, production of accounts.
- refer potential members to branches.
- provide details of any professionals available who can help with support/assessments for gifted children.
- if required, assist branches to determine whether potential members meet membership criteria.
- Provides a library of books, audio and video tapes, games and pamphlets that all members can borrow.
- Provides an on-line forum for discussion of any issues to do with gifted children.
National and Regional Branches