Wairarapa Gifted and Talented is establishing a local branch of NZAGC
Sunday, May 6th, 2018
Wairarapa Gifted and Talented is also establishing a local branch of NZAGC, a long established national lobby and support group for gifted NZ children and their families.
Membership of NZAGC provides access to the services the association makes available, including;
- Tall Poppies, a magazine with a focus on gifted children and their families, sent to all members, three times a year.
- Lobbies government and educational circles on your behalf.
- Sponsors members to relevant conferences and workshops.
- Organises national workshops for teachers, parents and children.
- Supports professionals, e.g. teachers, principals and psychologists.
- Assists parents and teachers to set up new branches around the country and liaise with other similar and interested groups.
- Refer potential members to branches.
- Provide details of any professionals available who can help with support or assessments for gifted children.
- Where required, assist branches to determine whether potential members meet membership criteria.
- Provides a library of books, audio and video tapes, games and pamphlets that all members can borrow.
- Provides an on-line forum for discussion of any issues to do with gifted children.
Local branch membership is now available to Wairarapa residents or those with an affiliation to the Wairarapa region.
Membership application form is available for download:
Completed forms can be mailed to PO Box 2057, Kuripuni, Masterton 5842 or emailed to