Guidelines for Contributors
APEX is not currently accepting contributions at this time.
APEX® is an annual publication for professionals with an interest in the education of gifted students. Manuscripts may address all areas of gifted education that relate to practice, policies, and research.
APEX® is a peer-reviewed journal. Manuscripts are reviewed by editorial board members with expertise in a specific area whenever possible. When necessary reviewers are solicited from outside of the board, but who have valuable expertise related to the subject of the manuscript. Manuscripts are blind-reviewed by at least two board members. In the case of conflicting recommendations from board members, the editors have the right to make a final decision regarding publication.
To avoid delay in the publication process, authors should follow these instructions:
- Manuscripts should not exceed 5000 words.
- All manuscripts submitted should be original works. Any copyrighted information should be accompanied by letters of permission for reprinting purposes.
- An abstract must accompany all manuscripts. Abstracts should run between 100 – 150 words.
- Include a full reference for each citation mentioned in the text in a separate sheet at the end of the manuscript.
- References should follow the APA style as outlined in the fifth edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychogical Association.
- Four copies of each manuscript should be submitted. The manuscript should be double-spaced on one-side of the page only. Each page should be numbered.
- Please place all tables, figures, and illustrations on separate pages. Each should have a title.
- A section entitled “Implications for Practice and Future Research” should be on a separate page at the end of the manuscript. This section should not exceed 150 words.
Upon acceptance, authors will be asked to supply a brief biographical statement and a computer or electronic version and hard copy of the final manuscript.
Editorial and business correspondence, including subscriptions should be addressed to:
PO Box 47,
Ph +649 521 5964
Fax +649 521 5961